Wednesday, September 22, 2010

New skills

Towards the beginning of September Lucas has started to use a spoon at breakfast time. He gets his own spoon to feed himself his oatmeal. I still have to supervise and assist, but Lucas likes to do it himself, and at times won't open his mouth when I am trying to giving him a bit.

I got him a popper toy, I didn't think he would grasp the concept so quickly, but right off the bat he started pushing that toy around and loves it. He also likes pushing a baby doll stroller around, yes, Craig let him have a stroller, we were lucky enough to find a green one, so at least it is manly looking.

We have also been listening to the musical talent of farmer Tad, and at random times different animal sounds. We got Lucas this Leap Frog farm animal thing that you put on your fridge. Lucas loves to push the button where farmer Tad plays the banjo and Lucas rocks out.

Lucas has also been paying more attention to the pictures in books, at times I will find him staring at the pictures in a book that he has found, he loves books. He also continues to jabber constantly, today I bought him one of those toy microphones that magnify your voice. He loves it, every time we went to someones house he would find that toy and walk around talking into nonstop. So now he has one of his own.

The other day Lucas got into the diaper bag and found the graham crackers. He brought them over to me and said, "want this", I said you want some graham crackers and he said, "this". It was sure cute.

No comments: