Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Applesauce

Today was our applesauce canning day! I bought my two half bushels of apples and canned them. When we first started, I was thinking 'wow I forgot how much work this is'! However, it didn't take us a long to get a system going and even with three kids roaming around (my child decided not to take a nap today) we canned 4 half bushels of apples pretty quick. It was totally worth it, too. Applesauce is so much better homemade rather than store bought, no additives or preservatives, just apples!

Just a side note, since I mentioned that some things are better homemade rather than store bought, I also made another two batches of strawberry jam. We already ran out and I don't want to go through an entire winter without jam. I also experimented and made strawberry blueberry jam. It is pretty yummy!

1 comment:

Bekah said...

Guess what, I finally remembered to add your blog to my list and I love it! I'm so impressed with your home making skills and think you're great!