Monday, July 25, 2011

Humidity

I love the spring and summer.  Lucas and I pretty much spend our days outside soaking up the sun and playing.  However, this past couple of weeks it has been too hot to go outside.  I am sticky all of the time from the humidity.  Poor Lucas, his head is soaking wet by the time we get home from picking Craig up at work.  We went swimming yesterday and that was a nice break, but today it is hot and driving home from the grocery store I could see the humidity hanging in the air.  There is a plus side, I will be leaving this all behind in a week, I know it will be hot in Utah, but I am sure looking forward to that dry heat, my hair not looking like a frizzy wavy mess and my clothes not clinging to me.

EDIT:  In addition to all of the heat and humidity, our A/C died over the hottest weekend of the year.  We set new records for temperature that broke previous ones from the 1930s.  It was 102F outside and the heat index with the humidity was over 112F.  It got up over 90F in our apartment.  Unfortunately we were hosting some youth for a regional youth conference at our house on one of those nights.  We felt bad for them.  Thankfully we have some wonderful new ward members who loaned us a portable window A/C unit that we put in Lucas' bedroom.  So while we had 93F+ in our bedroom during the night, Lucas slept in a comfortable 78F room.  The A/C did get fixed on Monday morning, but by then the temperature had dropped to the mid-70s (of course).

No comments: