Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmas!

Lucas slept in, yeah!  First we needed to explain to him what was going to happen and then Craig went ahead to take pictures and turn the lights on the tree.  Lucas was really excited, we showed him the empty plate and note left by Santa.  Lucas did such a good job at taking turns unwrapping the presents!  It was a very, very pleasant and wonderful morning!  I do have to mention that Grandma Nean and Grandpa Boyd....you rock!  You are forever in my circle!  We have been wanting to get Lucas a Geo-Track train and while he was unwrapping his presents I was regretting not getting him one!  (I am beginning to think you might have secret spy cameras in our home.)  Ironically enough he was playing with those bouncing ball things the night before, (so seriously, where did you hide the cameras!).  I am also going to mention how wonderful my husband is, I love you hubby!  I have been wanting a food processor this past year.  I have a tiny one that I am constantly using, though it is falling apart.  We decided that it just wouldn't be possible to get a food processor this year, we don't usually buy presents for each other anyway, but decided to stuff each others stockings.  After the presents were opened and I was finishing up breakfast I noticed a present on the table and I thought Lucas had forgotten to open one, but Craig informed me that is was in fact for me.  I opened it and quickly figured out that it was my food processor!  All this time that Craig was telling me it wasn't possible to get one, it was sitting under his desk at work.  Best present ever!  Thanks honey!  Church was very pleasant full of music, Craig sang in the choir and even had a duet that he sang in German, it was beautiful!  Finished the day off with our close friends (they are practically family).  All in all is was a wonderful Christmas!  This was our first Christmas away from home and family and I have to admit it was a success!  Though we missed our family and friends, it was nice to be at home as a family.


1 comment:

Grandma Nean and Grandpa said...

HOORAY!!! We "Rock". :) Hope you never do find the camera we hid when we were there. We may have to come visit again soon. . . to change the batteries.