Friday, February 17, 2012

Valentine's

We try to keep it low key on holidays.   This Valentine's I decided I didn't want to spend the entire time in the kitchen, so I just made Red Velvet cake for us and neighbors.  Lucas decorated cookies on Friday for playgroup.  Craig cooked dinner, steak and potatoes, with strawberry fluff (because we love fluff).  We figured that since it is a day of Love why not make the things you love!  Lucas made some Valentine's for his friends and then delivered them, I am not ashamed to admit that we just dropped off the last of them today (as in Thursday).  I sent Craig to work with some special cookies made just for him!


I won't lie, though, our morning was kinda of rough, dishes to clean and things to do, but by the afternoon, after we had both taken a nap, it ended up being a pleasant day.  We made crayon hearts with out friends that afternoon.  Pretty low key.

Our really good friend took Lucas for a couple of hours after dinner, at first I thought, "oh that's nice, I don't know what were going to do, but sure why not". I just want to say, you know who you are, Thank You!!!  It was really really nice and made our Valentine's, so Thank you!  Lucas loved the outing with our friend was so excited to go!  When Craig was buckling him in the car, Lucas looked at Craig and then our friend and said, "go!" no hesitation about leaving Craig or me behind.  We just want you to know, good friend of ours, he would not do that for anyone else.

I of course can't end this posting without mentioning the icing of on the cake, how wonderful my husband is, we are not big into public displays of affection, chocolates and flowers, but can I just say, husband you know me so well!  Lately I have been a little obsessed with Adele.  If you have not heard of her, look her up and listen to her.  I wouldn't not be surprised if you become a little obsessed too.  Yes, she is that good!  Craig bought me her CD for Valentine's which just reiterated to me how well he knows me and loves me!  I love you, too!  Happy Valentine's!

No comments: