Thursday, June 14, 2012

Memorial Day

I really need to get better about posting these like the day after the event, but whatever....better late than never.

As I've mentioned several times before, you town has a big Memorial Day celebration with all sorts of activities including war re-enactments, booths, music, a car show, and about 20,000 additional residents for the day.

One of the local churches hosted a kids carnival, which Lucas participated in and thought was fun.



Lucas wasn't a big fan of the war re-enactment, however.  I wanted to try and get an action shot, so we stayed for the first few minutes when they were firing the canon, but hightailed it out of there as soon as I got my picture (Lucas was very appreciative).




Overall, we had a fun day.  Lucas just enjoyed the fact that he got to spend the entire morning outside, running around and playing.  That was good enough for him.


No comments: