Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Standing....in the tub!

The other day while Craig was bathing Lucas, I heard Craig calling for me so I went upstairs into the bathroom, and there was Lucas standing in the tub not holding onto anything, but two bath toys. Let me tell you why this was so interesting: we have been trying to get Lucas to stand on his own, and he will not do it. He will been his knees and sit down, in his own way he is refusing to cooperate. But there he was standing in the tub, I wonder if he decided to stand in the tub, because he knows he is not suppose to stand in the tub. Craig showed me that if you give him the two bath toys while he is standing he will stand on his own. When we got him out of the tub we tried to get him to stand on his own by giving him two toys to distract him, he would not do it. We even tried several times the next couple of days, to no avail! We have caught him a couple times standing on him own, I don't know if he does it intentionally or if he gets distracted in what he is doing and just does it.

No comments: