Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A crappy day (literally)

I had not planned on writing about this particular event, but after several of my friends mentioned that I needed to blog the story, I succumbed to peer pressure and am now blogging about it. A couple of days last week I would go get Lucas from his nap and find him without his shorts or diaper. An important thing to note here is that Lucas usually has a bowel movement during his nap and needs to be change after he wakes up.......Do you see a potential problem with him having no pants or diaper? The first time (yes, the first time, he did it twice in a row), was not so bad. I was impressed at how well I kept my composure as I cleaned up poop and in a calm manner explained to Lucas that we do not take off our diaper and throw it overboard. The second time or the following day, did not go as well. I decided to take a nap towards the end of Lucas nap, I thought I would sleep about twenty minutes, until Lucas woke up. I woke to Lucas crying about an hour later, with about ten minutes till we needed to pick up Craig. I went upstairs to grab Lucas and get him in the car. Only to find my child covered in poop! Unfortunately it was a little more mushie than the previous day. It was everywhere; on the floor, the handrails of the crib, the crib mattress cover was caked in it, it was on Lucas feet, and his hands were covered in it. I wanted to scream, and it was very difficult to maintain my composure and I probably did let out a few sighs of frustration with the little stinker, who was laughing as I cleaned up the mess, which included scrubbing the floor, cleaning the handrail, putting the sheets in oxi-clean (I love you Oxi-clean, you were heaven sent!). I ended up putting Lucas in the tub and then into his PJ's, all the while Craig is calling wondering where I am. Amazingly enough I was able to get everything, including Lucas cleaned up and in the car in just over twenty minutes. (No worries this story has a happy ending!) On the way home from picking Craig up at work, I explained to him what had happened, Craig had had a bummer day also, so I decided it was an ice cream day, we went home had dinner and went to the Dairy for a sundae. Yummy! A day like this needed to end with ice-cream!

1 comment:

Kyle said...

I want a picture!