Sunday, August 12, 2012

Ultrasound number four and counting!

This child has already one-upped Lucas and isn't even born yet, at least when it comes to the number of Ultrasounds he has had.  I know that typically you have one, but my children must love the attention and think they deserve more than that.  Last Monday when we went to our scheduled doctor's appointment the doctor was concerned with how I was growing, or rather with the lack thereof.  We did inform her that this occurred with the previous pregnancy.  With Lucas I stopped growing and we had an extra ultrasound at 37 weeks which showed that he was growing and doing great.  Lucas ended up weighing 7lbs and 9 oz.  She was not convinced, however, and wanted an ultra sound.  I too would rather be safe than sorry so we went back on the next Wednesday to have the ultrasound.

I am happy to report that he is doing great.  Her guess was about 5lbs and his measurements are right on schedule, with the exception of his head, which is ahead of schedule, but are we surprised?  No!  Lucas's head is still off the charts, and has never been on the charts.  I am a little disappointed because I have some really cute beanies that I was looking forward to having him wear, but that might not happen.  I am also very aware of the fact that I am going to have to push that head out, our poor child is probably going to have to be vacuumed suction out, and is going to be a cone head for a couple days.  Oh well!

No comments: