Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A day off! Yeah!

I have this list.  You could call it a "bucket list" of sorts.  It is a list of all of things I want to do while we are living here, back east.  We have managed in the last three and half years to put a check mark next to several things.  One of things that has been on this list since the first year we moved here is the Hershey's Amusement Park, though I have been to Hershey numerous times, never to the park.  When we first moved here I got pregnant with Lucas, and then we had Lucas and he would make it difficult to ride the rides.  Then the biggest factor is money, it is really expensive (especially on a grad student income!!!).  The stars finally aligned and the heavens smiled down on us and Craig and I were able to go in October!  I am still amazed at how perfect it all worked out!  I just want to say, "Thank you!", "Thank you soooo much" to those who watched Lucas and made it so Craig and I could go!  We are so grateful!

On the way to Hershey there is this car hop place, the "Red Rabbit", that I have always wanted to try, but they have odd hours, and we are usually on our way home from the temple when we drive by it and it is late and we are very tired and don't want to stop.  And yes, it too it on my "list".  On the way to Hershey we stopped for lunch, and it was pretty good.  We had the "Bunny Burger".

Pay no attention to the lady in the car who was probably wondering what the heck Katie was doing.

As we were driving to Hershey we were a little worried about the weather, especially since the weather forecasts here are not always accurate.  Though it said it would be in the high 50's and sunny, it was not.  It was overcast, but still fairly warm.  I was determined to go, I felt that if we didn't do it now, it would never happen!  We made it to the park right when it opened, dressed warm, and (having just taken dramamine) we were set and ready to go.  Craig had a list of all of the ride we wanted to hit first, just in case they were shut down due to the weather.  I was a little nervous, roll coasters are not my favorite, but Craig was excited and it was something I wanted to experience so we did it.  Can I just say, Wow!  That was so much fun!  They had some pretty neat roller coaster rides, on one you went forwards and backwards, on another you went from zero to 72 mph in about 2 seconds, which was crazy!  Our favorite one, was the one where your hanging and the track is above you head.  The first couple of hours there were no lines we walked right up the rides. Unfortunately this didn't last the entire night, but we were able to go on most of the roller coasters without waiting too long.  The other ride I enjoyed was the tram that went through the park and outside the park around Hershey the Factory, it was interesting!  We ended the night having dinner at the "Outback".  We have never been here, but had a coupon so we went, it was way better than I was expecting, I loved there baked sweet potato, oh so yummy!  And their bread was amazing!   I would be willing to go again, if only for the bread!  Check and Check off the list.

No comments: