Friday, November 11, 2011

Ode to the Microwave!

Just this past week, as I was trying to get dinner ready and was heating some broccoli in the microwave, I discovered after 10 minutes that they were still frozen.  Thinking that I had not set the time right, because previously I had started the time without putting them in the microwave, I put them back in for another 10 minutes.  They were still frozen, after this we quickly realized that our microwave was not heating up.  So for the past few days we have not had a microwave and can I just tell you what a pain it is.  I never realized how much I use the microwave, it is one of those appliances that you don't really appreciate until you don't have it.  I just don't think I could have survived back in the days when they didn't have microwaves, or kitchen aids, I don't think I could bake or cook without my kitchen aid.  Unfortunately I think that is why they don't make these appliances to last, because they know you will buy another one when you microwave breaks.  We have only had this microwave for a year and a half and it is already dead.  Our previous microwave that we got from Craig's apartment before we got married, lasted for more than 3 years of us using it, plus however long it was in the apartment before that.

No comments: