Sunday, September 23, 2012

Craig and the Elderly Lady

Lucas and I take our daily walk around the town, and when I can convince him, Craig comes with us, usually on Sundays.  Towards the end of our walk, when were heading home, we walk through a retirement community, (they don't call it that, it is an "active adult living area", but whatever).  On this particular Sunday, Craig is with us and we are walking up this steep incline in the retirement community.  This elderly lady stops her car rolls down her window and in a somewhat joking, but mostly serious manner, chastises Craig for making me push the stroller up this incline.  I start to chuckle  because she doesn't know that I push a stroller up this hill on a daily basis, and that Craig has bad knees and due that to the height difference between him and the stroller it hurts his back to push.  Just then I straighten up and turn towards her and she notices that I am pregnant, the elderly lady looks surprised and responses, "and she's pregnant!"  Poor Craig!  I thought it was hilarious and pretty much laughed all the way home.

No comments: