Sunday, September 23, 2012

Surviving with two!

The last week and a half I feel like I have been running a marathon.  We are off our routine and taking it one day at a time.  Lucas was really good with the baby the first week, he was just irritable and whiny with us.  This week however, he has been attempting to pick up the child, hitting him on the head with a wooden toy hammer, grabbing at him, etc.  I keep having to tell myself that Jaxson is more resilient then you would think.  He is just so tiny, it has been an adjustment.  When I am picking him up I am not quite sure how to hold him, it feels awkward because he is tiny.  He is also a 'grunter', he stretches and grunts.  He has been sleeping really well, in fact, we have to wake him to feed him.  Lately I feel like I am feeding him all the time, because he will eat for five minutes and fall asleep for thirty then realize he is still hungry eat a little more than sleep for thirty minutes, it is just a cycle.  Lucas is having a hard time adjusting and luckily reinforcements has arrived (Grandma).  Thank goodness for grandmas!  My mom is coming out, but due to Jaxson unexpected early arrival, it will be a month after Jaxson's arrival.  So Craig's mother was willing to come and provide some needed support.  Lucas loves having grandma here, and wants grandma to do everything with him.  For example:  I went to get Lucas off of the bus this afternoon, he started to whine at me and wanted grandma to get him off of the bus.  Hopefully with time we will be able to find a routine, Lucas can re-adjust and hopefully I can maintain my sanity in the process!

No comments: