Sunday, September 23, 2012

First Day alone with two!

A couple of days ago I was left all day with two kids......alone, and I have to admit I was a little nervous, wondering if we would manage.  The last couple of weeks I feel like we have just been surviving and that was with Craig around and grandma!  Good news is both kids are still alive and I managed to maintain my sanity!  It was a successful day!  Though it didn't come without some stress and drama.  I slept in, storing up my energy for the day.  We weren't ready for the day until eleven, but we were ready before lunch time!  At one point I found Jaxson half undressed, shivering and was soaking wet, he had leaked through his diaper and Lucas had attempted to undress him, poor little man!   Lucas played at the playground and had lunch with his friends.  Then came nap which started out well, until I was talking to my mother, while feeding Jaxson and heard the upstairs toilet flush.  Several minutes later, here comes Lucas in distress and covered in poo (diarrhea).  I quickly hung up with my mother, put Jaxson down, took several deep breaths and took care of the problem.  Which involved changing clothes and a bath for Lucas.  Cleaning up poo in the bathroom, and off the rugs.  Meanwhile Jaxson is screaming.  I try to calm him down while getting Lucas back down for a nap, but in the process Jaxson spits up all down the front of me, but he manages to stay dry.  Several minutes later Jaxson and Lucas are asleep!  Success!!!

No comments: