Thursday, May 3, 2012

Time Out For Women

There is a two day women's conference that is put on by Desert book and tours around the U.S. called "Time out for Women".  This is not usually my type of thing, but several women from my ward were going, and a few of them had gone in the past and really enjoyed it.  I decided to give it a try, plus it was a   weekend away from my child and husband, which was needed!  I was pleasantly surprised.  I am not saying I am going to be a groupie or anything, but I am glad I went and I did have a good experience.  Several of the women in the group that had previously been mentioned how the setting was much more intimate and done on a smaller scale.  This however, didn't stop us from waking up at the crack of dawn and standing in the line to be on the third and fourth row.  Even though we were the first ones in line, I wasn't about to fight the lady for the second row.  A huge group of women all with the same focus in mind is deadly and brutal.  I thoroughly enjoyed most of the presenters and the music was pretty good, though I enjoyed the violinist more than the singing group.  A few of the presenters talked about things I really needed to hear, and made me re-evaluate my life and the way I go about certain things.  All in all it was a success!!!


No comments: