Friday, March 18, 2011

Being Helpful, well sort of!

Lucas is in the 'let me help' stage of development and as all stages this has its pros and cons.

Pros
:
  • He is no longer taking the clean dishes out of the dishwasher and tossing them on the floor.
  • He's always willing to carry things whether you want him to or not.
  • It is nice to know your child is willing to help.
Cons:
  • Everything seems to take more time.
  • Con it takes more energy with Lucas helping, way more energy.
Lucas loves to help sweep the floors, fold the clothes, and hand me dishes to put away. I was carrying our cooler out to the car and Lucas had to hold onto one of the handles and 'help' me carry it to the car. Lucas also likes shutting doors every time we go out of a room. He HAS to shut the door, he also has to shut the door when we come inside the house. The other day I was in our bathroom getting ready for the day, and I could hear Lucas, but couldn't see him, I opened the bathroom door, no Lucas. I opened the bedroom door still no Lucas, but I was getting warmer. Though all of the doors were closed, I opened his door and sure enough, he was there. I don't think he meant to do that, but at least he wasn't complaining yet.

No comments: