Friday, March 18, 2011

YMCA

After two years of thinking about it and continuously putting it off we finally signed up to do the YMCA. I had two good motivations that pushed me to finally follow through and get it done. They were signing up for swim lessons and I thought it would be fun for Lucas and I don't want him to be afraid of the water. My second motivation was being able to exercise without freezing to death. When we first got back from visiting family, I tried to do my walk at 5:30 in the morning. Bad Idea! It was so cold, and then it snowed and I couldn't cross the street without being in the middle of the road.

It was a good decision and I am glad that we finally got it done. I have been warm while working out and it has given me an opportunity to try the exercise machines and to push myself a little more than I would while walking. Don't get me wrong, as soon as the snow melts and it warms up I will be back outdoors. This has just been a good alternative.

Lucas is doing swim lessons and he is doing pretty good. It is new, so at first Lucas was really apprehensive and clinged to me, but after a few times he is doing great. We're still working on kicking his legs, floating on his back in the water, or jumping into the pool, but at least he isn't afraid of the water, it is all about the baby steps!

I also take Lucas to this indoor playgroup they have on Fridays, he loves it!!! It is in a gym like area. They have a slide, a little basket ball hoop, a miniature trampoline, some rider toys, and other fun toys to play with, and of course they bring out a couple of those big exercise balls. Lucas thought he had died and gone to heaven.

No comments: