Friday, March 18, 2011

The blackberries incident

One morning on our way home from swim, I thought to myself, "I am going to be driving right past this grocery store, that has fruit on sale. I really want some fruit, so Lucas and I will quickly run in grab some fruit and leave, it will be super fast!" We get there and I think, "this is going to be really quick, rather than messing with a shopping cart and trying to get Lucas seated in the shopping cart, I will just hold his hand. We're going to be quick, it won't be a problem."

What was I thinking!?! While I was trying to get some fruit, Lucas was grabbing all the fruit containers that I was trying to keep him away from so fruit doesn't get all over the floor. I was unsuccessful, and Lucas grabbed a container of blackberries, which spilled all over the floor. As I am trying to pick them up, Lucas is grabbing them and eating them, by the handfuls! If this isn't embarrassing enough, the produce guy is standing right there, seeing all of it. He was very nice, though. I told him that I would pay for them, he said don't worry about it, because things like this happen! I quickly grab a container of blackberries and Lucas and I head for the checkout, but in the process I see some asparagus. I love asparagus, so I decided to quickly grab some. Once again, BAD idea. Lucas gets into the basket grabs the container of blackberries, and guess where they land? All over the floor. Once again I am picking them up and Lucas is eating them. I salvaged what we could, because I wasn't about to go back to the produce guy and ask how often does it happen twice in a row. To say the least it was not a quick trip, and in the future I'll more carefully reconsider before I decide not to put Lucas in the shopping cart.

No comments: