Saturday, March 19, 2011

Mardi Gras




Since I like to celebrate, especially if it involves food, we celebrated Mardi Gras. It took awhile, but I finally found a recipe that was not too spicy (since I am not particular fan of spicy stuff). For dinner we had New Orleans Chicken (which kind of reminded me of dirty rice) and hush puppies. I have always wanted to try hush puppies, yes I know they usually go with seafood, but I thought it sounded southern so we made them. They were a little difficult, but tasty really yummy! Of course for dessert we had a homemade King Cake, which looked really festive and also tasty really good. We ate more than half of it. I ran some over to the neighbors so we wouldn't end up eating it all. I couldn't find a little toy baby, but I read somewhere you could use a pecan or a slice of orange. I used an orange, Craig found it and was not too pleased, he thought it tasted bitter.

No comments: