Saturday, March 26, 2011

Lucas!

I was talking to my mom this morning about what Lucas has been up to. I realized that I should probably write some of these things down. So here it is. When Lucas sees you eating something that he would like to try, he looks at you points and says, "bite, bite" and will continue to do this till he gets a bite.

We don't let Lucas watch a ton of t.v and I am picky about what we allow him to watch. With that said, Lucas likes a show called, "Yo Gabba Gabba". It is pretty cute, they sing, dance, and teach kids important lessons. Though it can be annoying at times when the songs get stuck in my head. For example, this line has been playing over and over in my head since yesterday afternoon, "keep trying, keep trying, don't give up, never give up". At the beginning and end of the show, DJ Lance Rock brings the characters to life, and then at the end he puts them back in the case. When he does this he says, "yo gabba gabba" and moves his hands out, away from him. Lucas will say it and do it too and it is pretty cute to watch.

The other show that Lucas loves is "Sesame Street", and we are obsessed with Elmo. The other day we were at the grocery store cruising down the shampoo isle and Lucas starts to point and say, "Elmo, Elmo". I looked back and on the very bottom shelf, slightly turned inward was a bottle with a picture of Elmo on it. Who would of thought.

We have been working on naming colors with Lucas and today while I was talking to my mom, Lucas was getting into the DVDs, sneaky little guy, and he saw the spine of the movie "Follow that Bird" and at the top of the spine is a small picture of Big Bird's face, Lucas pointed and said, "yellow". Success!!! Yeah!!!

No comments: