Saturday, March 26, 2011

My Husband the dutch oven master!

For enrichment this week we celebrated the Relief Society's Birthday. Craig was asked to make the dessert, cobbler. I always thought dutch ovens was a Mormon thing, but I think it is more of a western thing, because I have been surprised that people in my ward don't know about dutch oven cooking. Fortunately some of them got a taste of what dutch oven cooking is and like it. Craig had his hands full, cooking three cobblers, peach, chocolate cherry, and a mixed berry with a crumble topping. The mixed berry one Craig tried as an experiment, just made it up as he went along, but it was a success! The man has skills! I thought we would have a tons of leftovers, but I was wrong, very wrong! It was wonderful, as always! One of my friends was debating whether she was going to go, then she found out Craig was making his cobbler, she decided that she would go. (It's that good!)

I have to admit I was proud to be his wife, the women were impressed. I think it is pretty cool that I married someone that likes to cook and does it well!

No comments: