Saturday, March 19, 2011

St. Patrick's Day!

Yes, another holiday with a traditional meal! On St. Patrick's day Lucas wore a green shirt, and after his nap we went on a hunt for gold. I also found a green flute recorder for a dollar, since Lucas likes musical toys. He of course enjoyed it! At first he didn't realize the gold coins were really chocolate, until later when I found him sitting on the couch eating one. Of course for dinner we had corn beef (yes, we bought two, so we would have plenty for Rubens, mmmmmmm Rubens!) and cabbage. I saw this recipe on line where you could saute the cabbage, and we tried it but it didn't work very well so we ended just boiling it. We also had potatoes, but I felt like sauteed potatoes with onions. Our green dessert was a first for me, I made an Oreo mint Ice-cream pie, with mint Oreos on top, dark chocolate and mint chips melted and drizzled on top. Yes, it was a delicious as it sounds. It was an uneventful day, but tasty!





No comments: